Friday, June 1, 2012

Pulau Gandang Outing May 30, 2012


Pulau Gandang Outing May 30, 2012


Hey everyone on Blogspot. How are you all? I hope you all are having a great day. As for Sabah state, May 30th & 31st are officially public holidays due to Harvest Festival Celebration. Usually, during public holidays, I will be going back home but for this time, my colleagues and I have planned to go for an outing at Pulau Gandang. We all collect RM 12 from everyone who is coming for the outing to buy some food and snacks for the picnic and BBQ. Everyone agreed to meet at Amir’s house to cook rice and marinated the chickens as well as the sausages. At 1230pm, we depart from Amir’s house to Pulau Gandang which tooks 15 minutes drive. When we reach there, we prepared all the things for BBQ. The weather was so windy but the sun striking hard on us. We managed to light up the fire for BBQ. Unfortunately, all the chickens and the sausages were totally burnt until the outer skin turns black. Finally at 1:20pm, we had our late lunch. After lunch, we took our rest first before one of our friends went out for swimming. The river was so calm and the surrounding was so beautiful. While she was swimming nearby, the rest of us were chits chatting. Then at 3pm we played cards betting. To be honest, that day was not my lucky day because I’ve won once only. I have lost too much of the game. Then at 4:20pm, Yaw Ling, Ellen, Fauzy and I went for a swim. The two of us except Yaw Ling and Fauzy did not bring extra clothes. So after the swim we went back home with our wet clothes. After finished swimming on the river, we packed our things and went back home at 5:15pm. When I reached dormitory, I found myself look a bit darker due to the exposure with the sun. All that I can say during our outing, it was the greatest moment that we have spent together especially during public holidays which sometimes I don’t have time with them.


The view at Pulau Gandang

BBQ the chickens and sausages

Tasting the sausages. Still have many more to cook
Right after having our lunch, we took our rest and chits chatting.

The game has started! All of us were playing cards. It was an awesome moment for those who have won many times. Too bad for me, I have won only one time.
Seven of us all together taking picture before we go for a swim at the fine and nice river at Pulau Gandang.



 Truly by:

Emma Gabrie (June 2, 2012)


No comments:

Post a Comment