Thursday, November 8, 2012

Labuan Outing





Hi there! Its been a long time I haven't update my blog. Feels like its been ages! Haha..anyway, I fine here just a bit busy with works. Keeping me packed. There is a time we are so super duper busy and its been a long time I didn't hang out with my friends. They keep asking me when can I join them for "aramai tiii" After been busy a almost a month, my team in HR were planning to go to Labuan Island for 2 days and 1 night so called "short vacation". We went to Labuan on November 3rd. Supposed there are 9 of us going together, but one of our friends were unable to join in the morning. So, he will come a bit late. On that day, I woke up early in the morning at 4am, took my shower and getting ready for the adventures! We depart from our dormitory around 5:30am and stopped at McDonald for breakfast. After breakfast, we proceed our journey to Menumbok. Upon reaching Kuala Penyu, one of our colleague were fetch by my other colleagues. We reach Menumbok around 10 in the morning. We bought our speedboat ticket and ride the speedboat to Labuan Island. It only takes about 15 minutes to reach there and it cost RM15 per way. That morning, the weather was so fine. We reach Labuan nearly 11am. We went to our hotel which is Mariner Hotel to drop our bags before we went to Financial Park to have our lunch and do some shopping. So, I have bought two bottles of Chivas Regal 12 Years and I've got two free Chivas bags. I also bought some chocolate. That whole Saturday evening, we just walk around the nearby market to buy chocolates, liquor and some of my friends bought pack of cigarette. We went back to our hotel around 4pm and took our rest. At  6pm,  we went to take our dinner at Mawilla Seafood Restaurant which is less than 5 minutes drives from our hotel. The food was so delicious. After dinner, we went back to our hotel. That night, we "aramai tii" at room 501 and playing cards with other collagues. We are having so much fun drinking Budweiser. We took our nap nearly 1:30am. The next day, all of us woke up very late but two of our colleagues managed to have their breakfast at the Hotel Lobby. Some of them went for breakfast outside the hotel including us. After breakfast, we walked around to buy something. Ellen and I bought dresses for the upcoming Rasa Ria Service Awards. We checked out from the hotel at 1pm. We do our last minutes shopping before we leaved Labuan. At 2pm, we bought our speedboat ticket back to Menumbok. At 2:30pm, we depart from the ferry terminal by speedboat. However, the weather is not as calm as yesterday. The sea was rough making all of us so afraid. The boat keeps on jumping upon get in contact with big wave. I was praying for our safety for the whole journey. The scary part is that, it took more than 15 minutes to reach Menumbok terminal. It was the worst journey ever. We reach Menumbok at 3pm. Finally, it was a relief when we safely reach Menumbok Terminal. We reach Tanjung Aru around 6pm and had our dinner at Beach 1 Food Court. After dinner, we straight away went back to Tuaran to have our rest because the next day is Monday. The overall experience was remarkable awesome and adventurous indeed. But for now, I still trauma going to Labuan by speedboat!


By: Emma Gabrie (November 8, 2012 - 2313 hours)

No comments:

Post a Comment