Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year Countdown

Hi all. First of all it’s still not too late to wish you all Happy New Year. May this year bring prosperous and joy to you all. God bless you all. Well, this New Year countdown, I celebrate it at my aunt’s house. That day was also her nephew’s full moon party. The party starts at 7:30pm. My dad sent me and my mum there before 7pm and that time the guest haven’t arrived yet. We had our dinner there. After dinner I went over to where my friend was sitting. I’m not sure whether he is an alcoholic or not but I saw two cans of beer near him. When I went there, he was drinking soft drink. I think he felt he was challenge when he saw me drink beer. He almost refused not to drink beer when he was served but I told him to drink. That times only three of us there, he and his choir friend. Then, few minutes later, there is more other choir members arrived. At first, I feel like I am the outsider because only me that was not from the choir member plus I’m the only young girl there. But I just stayed there and drink beer and Chivas. My uncle gave a cup of Chivas. That was my first time drinking Chivas but well it was nice. The other did give me few tips when drinking the Chivas. They said for me the beginner, after drink that Chivas, I should drink water or soft drink. Shane drinks more Chivas than me. After he drinks Chivas, he cannot drink the beer again because it cannot be mix. So, he asks me to drink the beer for him and in the end I end up drinking four cans of beer. His friends were too drunk. We all drink and dancing. It was fun with them. I have new friends and I’m really comfortable with them. And when the clock strikes 12, they blow the fireworks. This is my first time celebrating New Year countdown with them. But too bad I have to go home. Before, I went home I told Shane that I’m going home already and I can’t believe it that he hugs me. But I will consider that as a friend’s hug and not more than that. He told me that he will see me again at 12pm at Garry’s house but he didn’t show up. Only his brother, Rico and Alvin was there. But I do enjoy my day that time with them. At Garry’s wedding, that evening, Rico bring me over to their drinking spot and Alvin gave me a glass of Chivas. Leroy also was there with his cousins and friends. Once again, I really made my day fun with those that I’m not used to with but it ended interestingly. Do drunk people tell the truth? When I asks Rico about why they did not bring Shane along, then Alvin answer me, he said that Shane was flat because he drank too much on New Year eve. Then I asked them again whether Shane was an alcoholic and again Alvin told me that Shane does not drink too much kind of person. He told me again, that New Year eve, Shane really drink much because of the person next to him which is me. And I really don’t know whether he tells the truth or he just told me that as a kind of jokes. But Rico also told me that last night he drinks because of the person next to him. I’m not really sure whether I was ever been their topic before. I mean that, maybe Shane ever told them about me. There’s something fishy going on. And I hope I know it. I do realize that Rico seems to know me much and I wonder how he knows more about me. But I can’t believe it that I’ve become one of his gang. I still remember that on New Year eve, Shane told me that I now already became one of their gang even though I’m not from the choir members. That making me more special because I was easily can fit in with his friends. I really enjoy my night on New Year day. And I love dancing with people who really dancing types of person too. It’s really enjoyable. Leroy was also drunk that time. At first, he supposed to go back at Kampung Kopimpinan follow his cousin but he said to me that he slept at Papaga also can. Maybe that’s because he knows that I will be going back home alone. We did have good conversation and he was really near me when talking with me. And I can see the bride’s maid and Noel was looking at us in suspiciously. My lecturer was at my back and I think she also thought that me and Leroy was couple but we are not. He is my uncle. He keeps on saying, “if you want to go back already, I just follow you”. But I still want to have fun with the others. In the end, the night party ends up at 2am. At first, Rico want to send me and Leroy back home by car but Leroy told them that he wants to walk with me. Actually I want to follow Rico just to minimize suspicious thought but Leroy already told Rico earlier that he wants to walk back home. As a conclusion, I had more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment